When a person suffers cardiac arrest their heart stops beating, they lose consciousness, they stop breathing, and blood will not circulate. Unless they receive prompt first aid attention until medical help arrives they will suffer irreparable brain damage and die within minutes.
This program looks at the technique for performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on adults, in accordance with the current resuscitation guidelines.
The program covers:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) procedure
- How to conduct CPR on an adult casualty
- How to deliver Rescue Breaths
- How to deliver chest compressions
- How to use a Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CPR with two rescuers
- Rescuer health and hygiene
The program is suitable for use in any workplace and has been designed specifically as a refresher course and training aid for people who have already been or are being trained in CPR.
RUNNING TIME: 18 minutes