Included in the program:
- A simple scientific explanation of fire
- Identification of common workplace hazards associated with fires
- Fire behavior characteristics, which include the following five principles:
- Fire must obey physical laws
- Where there’s fire there’s smoke
- It is the vapor that burns
- Oxygen increases fire intensity
- The principle of cooling, smothering and starving
Fire Safety Management can be defined as those activities which are undertaken to prevent fires from occurring, the controls that manage fire systems and emergencies and in the event of an uncontrolled fire, the suppression methods used to extinguish it.
Fire Safety Management is therefore comprised of three essential elements:
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Protection
- Fire Suppression
This program looks at each of these elements in some detail and concludes with identifying oxygen deprivation as the major cause of fire related deaths.
This program is aimed at all personnel to increase the general level of fire awareness.
DURATION: 15 Minutes